I've recently been switching between Chrome, Edge, and Firefox just because it's been a while since I'd used Chrome or Firefox. Microsoft has done a great job with Edge, but figured I'd see what changed with the others after running into a few Edge oddities. I then realized it'd been a long, long time since I'd looked at new Chrome extensions, found a bunch that I liked, and put a list together below.
- Bitwarden - Free Password Manager. You can't go wrong with Bitwarden. I switched from Lastpass a while ago and never looked back.
- Dark Reader. Adds a dark mode to every possible website, and does a great job of it 9/10 times. Easy to disable and tweak too.
- Empty New Tab Page. I like simple. All new tabs are just a blank page.
- LanguageTool. It makes sure I write gooder woords.
- I don't care about cookies. Tired of the GDRP warnings? Me too.
- uBlock Origin. It's basically the gold standard for ad blocking.
- Okta Browser Plugin. This makes life easier if you're using Okta for MFA. It adds a nice button for getting to all of your Okta-enabled sites.
- View Image. This adds the "View Image" functionality back to Google. It makes life easier when you're doing a Google image search for cat gifs.
- AutoplayStopper. The name says it all. Stop videos from auto-playing.